For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6
It is so easy to forget the reason behind Christmas. In case we happen to forget there are catchy slogans like "Jesus is the Reason for the Season," and "Keep Christ in Christmas." If we look at the verse in Isaiah the birth of Jesus means so much more than Christmas.
"He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." I don't know about you but I can sure use a counselor on a minute by minute basis some days. Sometimes the weight of my problems needs a Mighty God, an all powerful God who can take care of anything at anytime. It is so very comforting to know that regardless of what the world dishes out and throws at me I have an Everlasting Father who will take care of me like a Dad. And last but by no means least, Prince of Peace; calm in the storm, safe harbor, rest. I need that daily too.
When you really think about the gift that Jesus is, then you will begin to appreciate him.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Whatcha thinkin about: