And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.
Matthew 22:39
Who wants to be known as the "vane one?" The one who is so stuck on themselves that they can't be bothered to care about others. It is easy to see how that can happen. My hair looks awesome today so therefore I am awesome. My new wedge sandals make my legs look amazing and darn I am more amazing than the sandals. No one wants to be that person. The way most of us deal with that is to go too far to the other extreme.
It is so easy to beat ourselves down. Somehow the discouraging comments we make about ourselves are more believable than the actual truth. My hair looks ugly, I am fat, and the best one yet I am worthless. You need to ask yourself...if the God of all creation loves me without question...how can I be worthless? If I matter to God, and he cares for me...I have to matter to myself. It is not fair to God to beat yourself down and consider yourself less than what you are.
Who are you to question him?
What right to you have?
Who made you God?
We are commanded by God to love our neighbors as ourselves. There is no maybe. Get busy loving yourself for who you are and how God made you. Then turn it around and follow his command.
I l.o.v.e the feet picture its amazing!! I think they turned out VERY well!
ReplyDelete